NIA welcomes the publication of the governments new ambitious Clean Growth Strategy
The CEO of the National Insulation Assocation Neil Marshall welcomes the Government’s Clean Growth Strategy published earlier today.
The NIA welcome the strategy and in particular the focus on energy efficiency which includes:
- A comprehensive package to improve the energy efficiency of businesses.
- Making it easier for householders to make energy efficiency home improvements.
- Extending the Energy Company Obligation until 2028.
- All fuel poor homes to be upgraded to EPC Band C by 2030 and as many homes as possible by 2035.
- Support for improvements in private rented properties to tackle fuel poverty.
Investment in energy efficiency including insulation is a win win providing economic growth, reducing carbon emissions, tackling fuel poverty, reducing energy bills and creating jobs.
The NIA and its members look forward to working with Government in implementing the strategy.
Do you share the NIA’s welcoming reaction to the Clean Growth Stategy? Let us know your thoughts and have your say in the comments box below.